- I could really go for a day of curling up in this bed and reading my eyes out. Are you reading any good books lately?
-I love this reminder. It's so imperative for us creative types to take time away from making our goods to sell and just create for art's sake. I spent a lot of time working on a new painting for our living room this weekend and I think it's so therapeutic to just work on something pretty for the sake of it being pretty and not thinking about putting it in the shop. (of course, I love painting for you guys, but I think you catch my drift).
- This necklace is gorgeous, right? I wish Anthro wasn't so stinkin' expensive. I'd love to wear this for Chris' home coming. It would go great with the new dress I bought. I don't want Chris to see my new dress so I'm not posting it on here, but I will tell you it's my current color obsession. *wink*
- I'm getting my hair cut today. It's been a few months since I've had a good chop and all the style has gone out of this mop. I've finally found an awesome hair stylist I love. She has an awesome tattoo of a comb on her forearm and she is pretty awesome at cutting hairs. So, I'm really excited about this cut. Though I'm sure Chris is not as ecstatic. Any of your husbands just looove the long hair? What's up with that?
- I also get to spend the whole day with my buddy, Dahlia, who you've met here and here. The sad thing about this island is that a lot of people here are transient so once you become best buds, start finishing each other's sentences and find the perfect songs to jam out together to, it's time for them to leave. Sad. I'm going to miss that little ray of sunshine.
- Most importantly, today, thank you to all the men and women of our Armed Forces past and present who have sacrificed everything to maintain the freedoms that we are so blessed to enjoy in this country.
Happy Memorial Day, my friends .